People think kegel exercise is usually for women without thinking that pelvic floor muscles are present in males and females. The exercise might be different for both genders, but the exercise benefits both of them.
Do you know where this exercise came from? In 1948, Arnold Kegel was the first to describe the kegel exercise for treating female patients suffering from stress incontinence, followed by childbirth.
The exercise improves the pelvic floor muscles and other forms of behavioral therapy, overactive bladder. In the case of males, the exercise improves lower urinary tract symptoms, post radical prostatectomy, urinary incontinence, erectile dysfunction, fecal incontinence, and premature ejaculation.
Unlike other exercises, the good thing about kegel exercise is that kegel doesn’t require the participants to buy any weights or expensive machines. In fact, in order to feel the best possible results, the proper performance of the exercise is required.
As per a 2019 report, the worldwide existence of erectile dysfunction among men is estimated to range between 3% to 76.5%, says Healthline. Additionally, as per a Massachusetts Male Aging Study, about 52% of men experience some form of impotence. Around 20 million Americans consume medications for it like Viagra(branded) or Cenforce 200(generic).
However, medications like Cenforce 200 work by stimulating impulses that increase the blood flow through the penis. Any ED pills like Viagra or Cenforce 200 do not strengthen the nerves or muscles that stimulate an erection, but it’s not the same with kegel exercise. It makes your muscles and nerves strong enough to have an erection.
Before beginning the exercise, it is essential to know the exact location of your pelvic floor muscles so that you can exercise them even during or after urinating.
Which Muscles Are Pelvic Floor Muscles?
There are several ways of locating the pelvic floor muscles, such as:-
- Try to pause for two-three minutes while urinating standing at your toilet.
- The fundamental is to stop the flow of the urine for a few minutes. The pressure and the strength to stop it will make your muscle(pelvic floor muscles) strong. You can also imagine someone coming into the bathroom to stop the flow.
How Do Guys Do Kegel Exercises?
Now, after locating your pelvic floor muscles, you can sense them and control them even while sitting. The muscles that help you control your urinary bladder should be strong, and kegel exercise helps you do that. Try these following simple steps for kegel exercise:-
- Try to stop the urine flow by holding your pelvic floor muscles for three-four minutes. Try to take a total of two to three pauses.
- Try to perform at least 10 to 20 kegel exercises three to four times a day.
- Another way of doing it is to squeeze the pelvic muscles in your arms, and relax your pelvic muscles after each exercise. Repeat this for 10-20 minutes.
While performing kegel exercises, do remember not:-
- Hold your breath
- To push down.
- Tighten the muscles of the stomach, buttocks, or thighs
How Often Should A Man Perform Kegel Exercise?
In case you keep performing your kegel exercise sincerely and regularly, you can expect some effective changes in three to six weeks, such as:-
- Less frequent urine leakage
- Better bladder control
Keep monitoring your urine leakage regularly, and you will see the difference. As per many scientists in the International Urogynecology Journal, pelvic floor muscle strength is associated with better sexual function in both men and women.
Research in Sexual Medicine Reviews reports kegel exercise in men can help in improving sexual dysfunction in men. It may also improve your erectile function, ejaculation control, the intensity of being aroused, especially in men who have chronic prostatitis or chronic pelvic pain syndrome.
Note: As per the case studies, a combination of kegel exercise and ED pills(Cenforce 200) has been found to treat ED symptoms permanently. Cenforce 200 will show its effect the best if you are regular with Kegel exercise. But, always consult with your doctor to take ED pills(Cenforce 200) as per your severity.
How Would I Know If I Am Doing Kegel Exercise Correctly?
Some basic steps need to be kept in mind while performing kegel exercise and will help you to know the answer, such as:-
- Finding the right muscles: It is very important to identify your pelvic floor muscles. So try to stop urinating in midstream or tighten the muscles that keep you from passing gas. Once you get to know about the pelvic floor muscle location, you can perform the kegel exercise in any position, but you will find it easier when you are lying.
- Work on perfection: Try to tighten your pelvic floor muscle, hold it for at least 3-4 seconds, and then relax it for the same interval of time. Do this multiple times in a row after some time, and you will find your muscles becoming strong. Try to perform the exercise while sitting, standing, or walking.
Repeat three times a day: Try to perform three sets of kegel exercises of 10 repetitions each day.
What Are The Benefits Of Kegel Exercises For Men?
The first-line therapy for urinary incontinence after radical prostatectomy in men is usually a kegel exercise.
- According to some studies, people should perform pelvic floor exercises before radical prostatectomy and continue doing it for the best results.
- Overactive bladder symptoms can happen in both genders, which occurs when the pelvic floor muscles cannot suppress the bladder contraction. Thus making it the first-line management for overactive bladder.
- Kegel exercise also helps manage erectile dysfunction and orgasm linked with urinary incontinence(climacteric), especially after radical prostatectomy.
- Not only this, but a study also demonstrated that men with erectile dysfunction and climacteric pain after one year of nerve-sparing radical prostatectomy had helped men to improve their impotence and climate.
- It also helps men who are facing trouble with premature ejaculation. In fact, therapy for pelvic floor muscles consists of kegel exercise, biofeedback, and electrostimulation and cures 50% of such patients.
- Kegel exercise alone or in some cases with alpha boosters helps treat nocturia(awakening at night to urinate), quality sleep, and quality of life.
In the U.S, there are 30 million men affected by erectile dysfunction. Many try to cure it through medication like Cenforce 200 or Viagra. ED medicines belong to the PDE5 inhibitor group of medicine that directly works on PDE5 enzymes to stimulate erection. For example, Cenforce 200 may help you instantly but may not help you resolve the symptoms permanently.
Many men have permanently cured their ED symptoms either only through kegel exercise or with a combination treatment of ED pills(Cenforce 200) and kegel exercise. Therefore, Cenforce 200 can be beneficial at its best with regular kegel exercise, even if the case is severe.
If you fall under the same condition, consult your doctor about your dysfunction. He will guide you with the best proportion of exercise and medication(Cenforce 200).
Kegel exercise is harmless if you perform the exercise without making any mistakes. Some people have a problem with chest and abdominal pain, but they occur because of inappropriately performed exercises. Correct guidance and education can help you to perform the kegel exercise with the best possible results. However, the exercise will only be useful once you start contracting the correct muscle regularly and adequately.
Points To Remember While Doing Kegel Exercise
In order to make the result of performing kegel exercise more effective, you need to keep performing the exercise regularly. Your habits define you. Here are some tips that will help you with the Kegel exercise, such as:-
- Be consistent: Try to perform the exercise every day at a regular interval of time. It can be either in the morning while urinating or when brushing.
- Focus on the result: Be motivated thinking about the benefits of performing kegel exercise. The change in the strength you will feel in the urinary incontinence.
- Monitor your growth: Analysing your progress will help you to keep motivated. More improvement will give you the confidence to work harder, and less improvement will give you the reason to focus more.
In case, even after following all the instructions correctly, you still see no results even after some months. Then, consult it with the doctor. You don’t need to feel embarrassed in case you are not able to perform the exercise.
While in some cases, biofeedback might help you. During this session, the doctor will insert a small probe into the rectum, and according to the movement of the pelvic muscles, the probe will display the activity. According to some experts, biofeedback training is much more effective in treating fecal incontinence.